Sunday 17 September 2017

The Body Shop: Matte Clay Skin Clarifying Foundation

Hello Lovelies,

This post is almost a first impressions post as this foundation has been tested by me around 5 times now. It is the new Matte Clay Skin Clarifying Foundation from The Body Shop. Anyone who is following the blog a little while now will know of my absolute love of The Body Shop as a brand. Every Christmas without fail I stock up on all the latest offerings as part of my Santa presents. Nothing like a new Scrub, Body Lotion and Shower Gel to make a girl feel good.


This package was waiting for me when I came back from few days holiday and I nearly died!

There is not a lot of The Body Shop makeup if I've tried. I've always just invested in the body and skin ranges so this foundation is a real treat for me. I was gifted this in two shades along with a few more treats, one of which the body BB Cream is getting a post all of it's own!! It's just amazing... there's the biggest hint I can give :) 

So let's take a look at the details from The Body Shop website itself...www.thebodyshop.com

Combat skin imperfections throughout the day with our NEW 100% vegan Matte Clay Foundation. This lightweight foundation is enriched with skin-clearing tea tree and leaves a breathable, yet full-coverage matte finish. It’s also resistant to water and sweat. Apply with our multi-tasking complexion blender for a flawless application.

Full-coverage, matte finish
Enriched with powerful tea tree oilA
Promotes clearer looking skin
Oil absorbing properties
Ideal for any skin type
Ultra-lightweight
Breathable 24-hour coverage



My thoughts on this foundation are that it's brilliant! I am really liking how it lasts on my skin and also the effect it gives my skin when applied. I was sent two shades and I've actually found that the best shade for me to wear with tan on is actually a blend of the two. The shades that I was sent are Tamerza Dune 026 & Moluccan Nutmeg 055 The first one is slightly darker than when I am completely pale but the second is deffo too dark for me to wear even with tan on so a good drop of 026 with a little 055 added gives me the perfect tanned look foundation.


Squeeze Tubes mean you get out every last drop, much better than a glass bottle

I don't have to use too much at all in order to cover my entire face. I use my trusty Blank Canvas Cosmetics F20 brush and buff it into the skin. It gives really good coverage and lasts all day. My makeup is always applied at 6:30am and doesn't get taken off until at least 6pm so that's a good 12 hours and it won't have worn off at all. I like to use a pre-cleanse oil before my actual cleanser to make sure it's all off. When they say clay don't be afraid at all. From using it a few times now, I can't say that it clear spots because luckily at the moment I am not too bad for imperfections but its great to know that if I do get a breakout there is a foundation that actually looks to target and heal it.

The Body Shop prides itself on being cruelty free and I am such a fan of their campaign to stop animal testing  and you can sign their petition to encourage others to ban it globally following this link HERE Thanks a million to The Body Shop for sending out these beauty treats and keep your eye on my Instagram its about time I get my bunny ears up in support of this great cause. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management